What broadband speed do I need?
Broadband speeds are advertised in in Megabits per second (Mbps) and commonly just shortened to just Mb. The speed advertised in the speed achieved by at least 50% of the Internet Service Provider’s customers during peak time which tend to be between 8-10pm.
This guide should help you determine what speed you will need:
- 1-11Mb – This connection is delivered through ADSL phone lines and is ideal for a household of one or two people.
- 12-25Mb – This connection is ideal for a a household of four to five people browsing the internet, on social media, streaming music and HD TV
- 26 – 50Mb – Perfect for streaming 4K TV, downloading & uploading files and moderate internet usage for a household of 5+ members
- 50Mb – 100Mb – Good speed for all the aforementioned activities for multiple people all using the broadband connection at the same time.
- 100Mb: More than enough for all the above activities. Perfect for high usage household including multiple avid gamers.