Microsoft Teams bandwidth requirements and other FAQs
Microsoft Teams is an application that was added to Microsoft Office 365 suite in November 2016.
Microsoft Teams is used as a collaboration and communications tool in companies worldwide.
Microsoft Teams allows people and teams work together and share information in a common online workspace.
Microsoft Teams is included free with Microsoft365 and Office 365.
The actual bandwidth consumption in each audio/video call or meeting will vary based on several factors, such as video layout, video resolution, and video frames per second.
When more bandwidth is available, quality and usage will increase to deliver the best experience.Microsoft Teams
The table below from the microsoft shows the bandwidth required for Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams key features
- Online meetings to allow you to connect with your team and clients from anywhere
- Chat functions allowing instant messages one-to-one or with a group
- Voice calling – Make and receive calls with internal and external groups
- Collaborate with colleagues, vendors, suppliers and clients
- Multiple chat rooms or channels to help keep chats easy to follow and notify users of updates.
- Download Microsoft Teams introduction and key features pdf
Microsoft Teams Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Join a Teams meeting from the App
- Select Join from your Calendar.
- Ensure that your camera is turned on
- Choose your Video and Audio settings
- Customize your Background Settings (Select a custom background or blur your background)
- click Join now when you’re ready to enter the meeting
How to Join a Teams meeting on the web
If you don’t had the Microsoft Teams app you can still join a Teams meeting.
- Open your email invitation and select Click here to join the meeting.
- You will then have the option to either download the Windows app, join a Teams meeting via our browser or use your Teams app if you already have the Teams app already installed.
- Enter your name.
- Customise your video and audio settings and then Select Join now.
- You will then go straight into the meeting go to a lobby and wait to be admitted into the meeting.
Further Reading: Meetings and Calls
How to schedule a Teams meeting
There are a few ways to schedule a meeting in Teams:
- To book a meeting with people in a chat, click on Schedule a meeting which can be found below the box where you type a new message or
- On the left side of the app, Go to Calendar and select New meeting in the top right corner.
Select a meeting time in the calendar. A scheduling form will pop open.
Use the scheduling form to give your meeting a title, add the details/agenda and invite people.
To invite people outside your organisation, Go to Add required attendees and enter the individual’s full email address and then click on Invite. They will receive an email with a link to your Teams meeting.
3 ways to schedule a Microsoft Teams Meeting TutorialCredit: Leila Gharani
How to record a meeting or call
- Start or join the meeting.
- Go to the meeting controls and select More options (the three dots) and then click on Start recording.
Note: All participants in the meeting will be notified that a recording has started. A notification is also posted in the meetings chat history.
- To stop recording, go to More options then click on Stop recording